Photo courtesy of graur razvan ionut/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Now that the Labour Day long weekend is over, all parents’ thoughts have returned to back-to-school mode. Some of us have kids who will be studying abroad this year for homestay programs, exchanges and more. How can you prepare them for a successful year of studying? With a cool care package!
1) An international outlet plug will aleviate the stress of replacing current electronic items.
2) A subscription to their favourite magazine, sent to their new address, is always a nice surprise (who doesn’t like receiving mail?).
3) Find out what the hottest boutique in town is, and purchase a gift certificate for your child to indulge in a little retail therapy.
4) A variety pack of teas is a greaty way to help your child de-stress or re-energize. Green tea is full of antioxidents, and peppermint calms an upset stomach.
5) Buy “airline safe” clear bottles and package up some of your child’s favourite products to bring with them.
6) Brightroam’s World SIM card can be used in over 200 countries, and will keep you and your child connected while they’re away.
It’s never easy seeing your kids off to school, whether it’s just down the street or halfway across the world. Just remember, absence makes the heart grow fonder!